McDermont Field House
The Lindsay-Strathmore Coordinating Council
"People Helping People"
Top 3 performers in each event receive points as follows:
First Place- 3 Points
Second Place- 2 Points
Third Place- 1 Point
Accumulative point total for each individual will determine the winner of the grand prize at the end of the night.
Grand Prize is an Apple iPad
Individual events will have prizes such as gift certificates and vouchers to different businesses.
Most they can get in 15 Minutes….
Must be complete names, no Abbreviations
PRIZE: Gold (3 points), Silver (2 points), Bronze (1 point) MEDALS
Most they can get in 15 minutes
PRIZE: Gold (3 points), Silver (2 points), Bronze (1 point) MEDALS
Word will be said to Contestant
Contestant has 3 options…Repeat, Definition, and Sentence
They must SAY the word, SPELL the word, and SAY the word again to be counted…
Judge will determine if word is correct…will reply with CORRECT or INCORRECT
Move to next contestant…..Goes until LAST person spells word correctly.
PRIZE: Gold (3 points), Silver (2 points), Bronze (1 point)
**THIS MAY ALSO NEED TO BE TIMED DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF
Speed Climbing Competition
Rules and Details:
No age restrictions
Climbing order will be chosen at random by score keeping crew
All climbs will be complete within one hour of the event start time
Climber’s time will start when his/her lower foot leaves the ground.
Only climbs resulting from ringing the bell will be considered successful and count toward the climbers overall score.
Climbers shall climb straight up their prospective route so as not to interfere with other climbers
Only the bell adjacent to the climbers belay system and route may be wrung per climb
Weight limit for climbers is 275 lbs.
Route difficulties shall be clearly marked during competition to allow climbers to choose their routes
Climbers shall be permitted to attempt any climb they desire with a maximum of 4 minutes per attempt and after the first climb on a first come first serve basis per route.
Climbers score shall be a determined by a combination of Speed, Route difficulty level, and number of routes completed
All climber age groups shall climb within the same hour, but age categories will be as follows:
6 and under
10 and under
14 and under
15 and up
Air Hockey Competition
First to score 7 points or Best score at end of 4 minutes
In case of tie – Sudden Death 1st goal wins
Here are some basic rules:
- A coin toss decides which player gets the first possession of the puck.
- The first person to score 7 points by shooting the puck into the opponent's goal or best score at end of 4 minutes wins the game.
- Once the puck is on a certain player's side of the center line, he/she has 7 seconds to hit the puck back across the center line. Otherwise a foul is committed and the opponent receives possession of the puck.
- Placing one's mallet on top of the puck, known as topping, is a foul. Here the opponent receives possession of the puck.
- A player cannot touch or strike the puck with any part of his/her body or with any object other than the mallet. Doing so causes a foul and possession changes hands.
- If the puck is on a clear path into the goal and the player stops it with anything other than the mallet, this is goaltending. Here the opponent receives a free shot.
- Hitting the puck when it is on the opposite side of the center line, or crossing the center line completely with one's mallet causes a foul. Here the opponent receives possession of the puck.
- If the puck leaves the table, a foul is called on the player that caused the puck to go out of play due to offensive motion and the opposing player gets possession of the puck. Generally, when a player causes the puck to leave the table with a forward motion of the mallet, even defensively (known as charging), the foul is charged on them. An out of play foul results in the opponent receiving possession of the puck.
40 YARD DASH
· A 40 yard distance will be clearly marked upon the turf field.
· One sprinter will line up
· Official will announce loudly: Ready…Set… Time will begin upon the first movement of the sprinter from Set Position.
· Time will stop when sprinter crosses field of vision of Official at finish line.
· Each sprinter will have 3 opportunities to post their best time. All other times will be thrown out.
Punt Pass & Kick
Each participant is allowed one punt, one pass, and one placekick as part of his or her competition.
Scores are based on distance.
A participant's final score is his or her cumulative total for three individual events
If a participant goes over the line prior to or before releasing or making contact with the ball, he or she is penalized five feet. The only exception is in kicking, where a participant may go over the line without penalty, provided the tee is placed on or behind the line
There is no violation if the kicking tee is kicked with the football during the kicking event
Scores are determined from where a participant's punt/pass/kick first make contact with the ground. Bounces or rolls do not add to the score
If a participant tries to punt, pass, or kick and misses the ball completely, it does not count as an attempt, and another attempt is allowed.
Age groups: 14 and Under -15 and over
Home Run Derby
Round One: 10 contestants, each player gets 10 outs per at bat; top four advance
Round Two: 4 contestants, each player gets 10 outs per at bat; top two advance
Round Three/Championship: 2 contestants, each player gets 5 outs per at bat
An out is registered when a player swings at a pitch
and does not hit a home run. A ball hit over the fence must be fair to count as a home run.
Since a home run does not count as an out, an infinite number of home runs is possible.
Dance Central Dance Off
Dance-Off will be conducted on Xbox 360 with Kinect system.
No controllers or experience is necessary to compete in the Dance-Off
The Dance-Off will be setup in Dance Battle Mode (1 on 1 mode), single-elimination format with single-song rounds. The "winner,” or player with the higher score will advance to the next round.
The song for each round will be chosen by both contestants.
if a song is not picked in the allotted time frame, one will be chosen at random.
Song difficulty will begin at easy during the first round, medium for the middle rounds, and then hard for the semi-final and final rounds of the Dance-Off.
(Difficulty levels may be changed after consulting the contestants)
Dance-Off seeding will be determined at random by the Dance-Off organizers after registration has closed.
The soccer skill competition will consist of three different drills. The three drills are DRIBBLING, PASSING, SHOOTING. The participant with the highest score wins the contest.
First, each participant has to race against the clock through the slalom course of flags. Each participant gets one attempt at dribbling through the course as the stopwatch ticks.
Second, each participant attempts three passes through different flags. Each space between the flags is worth a different amount of points. The narrower the zone, the more points it is worth. Do you play it safe, or do you go for the points.
Third, each participant attempts three shots at the goal. Pick the easy shot for the sure points or try and hit the upper 90 for more points.
Using just your body weight compete in various upper body, core, and Lower Body exercises until failure. If you survive move on to the tie breaking agility timed contest.
Exercises are as follows:
Various high knee and high kick movements
Box squats, jumping jacks, arm circles
Back Arm Circles
Wide/Close grip push-ups(push-ups in standard form until failure, then can resume into knee position)
Bicycles on floor
Quick feel leg lifts
Wide leg body squat
Right & Left leg lunge
Close leg body squat
20 Hobble Toe Touches(must touch each toe)
5 Up Downs(chest must hit floor)
15 Squat Jumps (must touch floor with 2 hands and explode up)
5 Up Downs
3-Point Shoot Out
Hot Dog Eating Contest
Shooters will have 60 seconds on the clock. Clock will start when the first shot is released.
Male contestants will use the provided mens regulation size ball 29.5
Female contestants will use the provided womens regulation size ball 28.5
Only legally attempted shots, both feet behind the arc at the release of the ball, will count.
There will be 6 balls at all three locations. (The corner where both baseline and sideline meet on each side
of the basket, and at the top of the arc)
Adults 18 years or older may participate.
All you can eat in 3 minutes.
Drinking water is allowed.
Contestants must have Hot Dog and Bun in their mouth by the end
of the 3 minutes and swallow everything within 10 seconds in order for it to count.
Dunking, crunching, separating is allowed. (Dunking may not exceed 5 sec.)
Automatic DQ for "Reversal of Fortune" (Throwing Up)
The contestants who eats the most Hot Dogs Wins the competition.
Blazing HOT Wing Competition
No age restriction
All you can eat in 2 1/2 minutes
Drinking water is allowed
The contestant who eats the most Blazing HOT Wings wins the competition